The week in brief
This week saw the release of Frazer Fearnhead’s book, ‘The Alternative Guide to Property Investment’. The House Crowd’s CEO discusses his property crowdfunding expertise within the book, helping to explain the industry and investment process to would-be investors. If you would like to find out more, you are able to buy Frazer’s book here.
Vicky, Martyn and Lauren thoroughly enjoyed the brand building session with one of our clients on Wednesday morning. The great location at Didsbury House Hotel, coupled with enthusiastic discussion from such a passionate bunch of people, made the morning a very rewarding one.
The Rumpus team are partial to a slice of cake or two, and Georgie’s belated birthday celebration on Monday was the perfect excuse to indulge in a triple chocolate cake. Happy birthday Georgie!
We’ve had fun working with Sean Anstee and supporting him with his greater Manchester Mayoral election campaign over the past few weeks. With Election Day getting ever closer, we produced a ‘Sean in the news’ video this week to showcase some of Sean’s best media coverage. You can view it here:
‘Bread and Butter’
In the world of digital, we get used to seeking instant gratification.
As a people person – the main reason I entered the PR world – I must emphasise the fundamentals of relationships. Although instant, faceless digital engagement is here to stay, all PRs need the skills to converse directly with a fellow human being without hiding behind the e-conversation.
In our business, relationships are developed via verbal or face to face nurturing. Often a meeting or phone call with a journalist starts about one subject but, as the conversation develops, sparks a completely different opportunity that delivers over and above what you set out to achieve.
This leads me to my title, ‘bread and butter.’ True relationship building is about this, because without the bread and butter, how can you taste the jam?
The weather may have been miserable this month, but we’ve certainly had lots to celebrate. Here are some of April’s highlights:
- McAuliffe has been shortlisted for the Preservation and Rejuvenation Award at this year’s North West Regional Construction Awards – we have our fingers crossed for them!
- It has been our privilege to work with Sean Anstee on his Greater Manchester Mayoral election campaign throughout April, and we are excited to announce that his campaign video has reached over 232k views on Facebook alone! Credit goes to our friends at We Are Brave for creating such a brilliant piece of work – watch the full video here.
- The building regulation and inspector, Ball and Berry, celebrated its tenth birthday and impressive growth with the opening of a new Manchester office this month. We managed to secure some great coverage for them in Place North West, Business Lancashire and Business Up North.
- We produced an Outdoor Living video for Housing Units this month, helping to promote their great range of spring and summer products on offer within the store. The video has reached 21k views on Facebook, which you can watch here. Our ‘Hampton Chic’ video, which celebrates one of the company’s new spring themes, has also reached 21k views here.
- The House Crowd, the world’s first property crowd-funding platform, celebrated five years of exceptional growth this month, having raised over £40m in capital since 2012. With coverage secured in regional news such as Manchester Evening News and Business Up North as well as trade titles including Business Cloud and Crowdfund Insider, there has been much to celebrate!
Rumpents’ final thoughts
Looking forward to the last Line of Duty this weekend…I just need it out of my life, there’s too much tension! Who is balaclava man? It can’t be Cat Deeley again, can it?
Very proud of my mum for launching her book on Amazon, and having it covered on the BBC!
Really looking forward to spending the Bank Holiday weekend with the southern contingent of the family
Can’t wait to see Bat out of Hell with my mum tonight at the Manchester Opera House – a great way to start the long weekend!
There have been two new additions to our family this week – two guinea pigs for our two gorgeous girls. Will the novelty wear off, you may ask? Of course not!
Happy to finally be ordering and assembling our balcony furniture this weekend!
Looking forward to a trip to my uni town, Sheffield, this weekend!
Can’t wait to catch up with family and friends this weekend after a busy week!